Thursday, August 11, 2011

True Blood V-Moda V-80 Headphones

V-Moda has created a True Blood range of headphones. Honestly, it's kind of surprising that a headphone company would collaborate with a television show. Maybe it's just me, but just because I love a particular TV show, that doesn't mean I want to buy the show's headphones. While I have seen collaborations similar to this before (like with Star Wars & Coloud), I have never seen it with a premium product or with a whole line of headphones.

The V-Moda V80 headphones are smaller than the Crossfade LP's, but have a similar look. While the Crossfade LP's are over-ear, these have an on-ear design. Another big difference is that these are constructed with a flexible metal which makes them ultra durable. I really like the design of these headphones. The black and red color with the metal faceplate is extremely stylish. The included hard case is also one of the best cases I have seen. The interchangeable faceplates that V-Moda is known for is also available with these headphones. Sound quality is well above average. While they aren't one of the best sounding headphones, they will satisfy nearly anyone. For on-ear headphones, these are a great option. My only gripe is I really dislike all the True Blood signs on the headphones. All the True Blood signs make the headphones seem cheap and gimmicky. I wish they sold 2 separate V-80's: the normal headphone and a special True Blood edition.

*UPDATE*: These headphones are also available without the True Blood signs. The normal ones are called the M-80 while the True Blood Edition are called the V-80's.

Price: $230
Available Now

Pros
  • Stylish
  • Extremely Durable
  • Lightweight
Cons
  • Don't collapse
  • Price

Overall Rating: 8.5/10




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is version without True Blood.

https://shop.v-moda.com/p-195-crossfade-m-80-on-ear.aspx

Kevin said...

Wow, that's fantastic! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Do these headphones have good,heavy bass like the Soul SL150?

Kevin said...

Yes, I would suggest these over the SL150's

Post a Comment