Saturday, August 20, 2011

Soul by Ludacris SL150 Headphones

There has been alot of buzz over the Soul by Ludacris line so I was extremely excited to check them out. The SL150's are a direct competitor of the Solo Beats by Dre so as I was doing my review, I couldn't help but compare the two. These headphones have a very sharp and clean look to them. My favorite part of the design is the leather stitching on the inner portion of the headband. The diamond pattern in the leather gives it that premium car interior look which I love. Just like with the Beats by Dre headphones, the top of the headband has the Soul by Ludacris logo. Although the comfort of on-ear headphones is always a concern, the SL150's are very comfortable because they are a little larger than most. In my opinion, the SL150's are much more comfortable than the Solo's.

Sound quality is about what I expected. Just like with the Solo's, there is a good amount of bass and a significant difference in sound quality depending on the genre. Pop, Hip-Hop, R&B and House music sounds pretty good while classical, jazz and rock music sound average at best. The Ludacris SL150's were made to compete with the Solo Beats by Dre's and after reviewing both headphones, the Soul's are a much better option.

Price: $200
Available Now


Pros
  • Leather Stitching
  • Travel Case
  • Better Sound Quality than Solo's
Cons
  • Durability
  • Causes Ear Sweats
  • Other Options With Better Sound Quality


Overall Rating: 8/10




No comments:

Post a Comment