Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sleek by 50 Cent Update

This last Friday, Sleek Audio and G-Unit decided to cancel all plans to develop products under the "Sleek By 50" brand. This comes as a shock to the whole world, since 50 Cent had been marketing his new headphones in almost everything he did. First, he went to CES 2011 to create buzz over his new product. Next, he got into a public fight with Dr. Dre over which headphone would be better. And finally, he had been placing Sleek headphones in his social media outlets and had been including them in all of his music videos.

I am really disappointed that we won't be able to see what could have been. While I know there are plenty of competitors to Beats by Dre, the Sleek by 50 line had a shot at putting a major dent into the Beats market share. Now, we will never know what could have been. I highly doubt that Sleek Audio will ever release these headphones, but I can't help but wish I could somehow get my hands on a pair.


No comments:

Post a Comment