Monday, November 7, 2011

Beats by Dre Retail Store Opening

A few weeks ago, I gave my thoughts on why a Beats by Dre retail store could take the company to the next level. On Wednesday, the offical Beats by Dre retail store opened in NYC's Soho neighborhood with a small private party. The event had a DJ, which is kind of strange since it seems to me like most people would want to test out the headphones during the party instead of listening to loud speakers (unless they were Beats speakers). Dr. Dre and will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas attended the event along with Beats By Dre executive and Interscope Records Chairman Jimmy Iovine. Inside the store, there are personalized celebrity headphones on display in glass cases. There is also a soundproof room where shoppers can test the Beats speakers. I hadn't thought of having a soundproof room, but now I think it's necessary and incredibly smart to have. They sell unique Beats by Dre t-shirts which, in my opinion, look really cool. Last but not least, there was an enormous cake in the shape of the Pro Beats!





1 comment:

Best Headphones said...

These are one of the Best Headphones I have seen. The thing i loved to see are there designs.

Post a Comment